Saturday, March 24, 2012

Close Call of Acceptance/Denial

Close Call of Acceptance/Denial

So there I was at work, enjoying my day CHUCing on the rehab unit of the hospital. I hear the phone ring and notice while picking it up that it's my wife.

"Thanks for calling 3 west, this is Michael how can I help you?" I say.
"Hi honey, how are you?" she says ever so kindly.
"Great. How are you doing?"  
"Good." she continues. "Well, I just have a quick question."
"Sure."
"That Flash drive you were going to get from Texas Tech...were you going to pick it up or was it going to be mailed to you?"
"I already picked it up from the office. Why?"
"Well, a package from Texas Tech Health Sciences Center came in the mail today."
"Cool." (what could this be? An acceptance letter?! No, they call the new applicants... Oh no. Maybe a letter of denial) I then said, "I don't think it will be a good letter. They'll call me if I'm accepted...maybe it's a letter of denial?"
"Well, what should we do?" She said with a tinge of hope that I'll say to hurry and open it.
"Go ahead hun, you can open it."  
...deliberation and more discussion...
"Ok, I'll open it...  " and she began reading 'Thank you for accepting our request to place you into our alternate pool. We look forward to reviewing your application once there is movement within our entry class. (sigh of relief on my end) 'Thank you for your interest in the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine Sincerely, Associate Dean of Admissions' 
Well, it's not an acceptance but not a denial too, right?" Rachel said.
"Yes dear. Glad to get that out of the way."


So, there I almost had an acceptance or denial  but it was neither.



1 comment:

  1. Sneaky admittance committee...getting my hopes up and all.

    ReplyDelete