Thursday, August 23, 2012

Results From the First Test

So I learned today that some of my fellow medical students have been reading my blog. Ths makes me happy AND makes me realize that I am not the only sweating bullets the morning of the test.  I am glad to hear y'all are liking this blog. Maybe well be lucky enough to get a guest post from one of you!

The test, the test, we received the results of our first medical school examination today at 12:30 I s pretty hesitant to open up my score but I eventually did. Happily I passed! I am happy that it wasn't super close to failing either. As my wife said, it was a perfect score for my first test. I take that to mean, "honey, you did well for your first test, now it's time to step it up." step it up I will.  We have another test in just a week from today. It's mostly anatomy and will be heavily weighted by the anatomy lab practical. 60 questions from cadavers, CT scans of th e thorax and x-rays of the thorax region as well.  We've been dissecting the heart these past few days and it was awesome to hold a human heart in my hands. That s a crazy sensation. Hearts are incredible. Oh, today we had a professor give us a lecture. I really wish I could past the video on here, but I recorded her teaching. Man, she was so passionate about the cardiovascular system, she kept using awesome and exciting words to describe the flow of blood and the different cells that are flowing through the system, it was actually really cool to be taught by such a passionate professor. She's been teaching medical school for something like 35 years!

Until next time my friends.

-mike

6 comments:

  1. Just ventured over to your blog from Facebook and wanted to tell you how stinkin' excited I am for you that you are in medical school and doing well!! You are such a great person and I will be a WONDERFUL doctor. I'm overwhelmingly happy that you didn't end up having to reapply (while I always encourage people to do so, it definitely was NOT fun lol!). It sounds like things are going well for you. :)

    On another note - awesome that you are blogging! I have been writing for the past (almost) 2 years and it's such a nice creative outlet. It's given me tons of unique opportunities (including a couple trips to conferences in California!) and it is a part of my CV/Residency Apps that people definitely want to ask about when I sit down with them. So, keep writing out these parts of your life - as long as you can continue to maintain a positive online presence (which, there's not a doubt in my mind that YOU can do that) it will absolutely be a positive aspect of your future residency applications!

    Good luck with everything and I surely hope our paths will cross again sometime in the future. You are doing great things and you will be such a great doctor - I seriously have only been this happy about someone getting into med school two other times...when I got in and when my friend from work got in. :) Truly. Congrats and just keep swimming!!

    - Danielle Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. err that second sentence typo totally looks like I'm backhandidly complimenting myself lol - I initially wrote "I am sure you will be a wonderful doctor" and shortened it because I thought the "I think you" was implied by the fact that I was writing it haha. Anyway, just erase that I...it's meant to say that YOU will be a wonderful doctor.

    And I also just commented from two separate accounts. I'm totally failing at the blog land today. Forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, I love your comment and I love your blog. I am definitely going to be calling you soon to talk to you more about your blog. That is so cool you got to speak in some conferences in California!

      Anyways thanks again. And thanks for all your support along the way, you have always been interested in my story, I appreciate that,

      Sincerely,

      -future dr. Mike

      Delete
    2. Feel free to get in touch anytime - I love to talk social media and blogging!! :)

      Delete
  3. This is great Dr. Mike....congrats on the passing grade! I love reading your journey and since I am too far away to make you oatmeal raisin cookies to celebrate, they will be here waiting for you when you come!
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother. You are the best ever! I'm glad you can read up on my stories about medics schoo here, I can't wait to be in Your kitchen, dipping oatmeal raise I chocolate chip cookies in whole milk! Oh the sweet memories.
      Sure love ya!

      -your son

      Delete