Saturday, March 24, 2012

Not Allowing the Admissions Committee to Make YOUR Decision

 Not Allowing the Admissions Committee to Make Your Decision




My wife and I have been talking about my opportunity to re-apply in May. I've been thinking about it since a doctor asked me about it on Thursday.  When he asked me about it I was shocked because I literally hadn't even thought about the need to re-apply nor seen the urgency of re-applying.  


As much as I would really not like to re-apply, I think I need to. I have some shadowing and volunteering I  desperately need to do...this is imperative. I have very little in terms of volunteering and shadowing for 2012 and I'll have only one additional class on my transcript. I'd better get to work to see what I can put together. I've also got to find two Letter of Recommendation writers.  Here we go again on this stinkin process all over again:) (reluctant smile)


I'd love to hear from those of  you that re-applied. What's it like?  What areas did you juice up your application and what was most important to do different?  


I've got to do this. I am not allowing the admissions committee to tell me if I'm going to Medical School or not.


Thanks for all the prayers, support and interest in this, my journey TO medical school.


-Mike


p.s. this is a really difficult and tricky process. It stinks. I sure hope to be a fantastic and happy doctor. I see a lot of unhappy doctors out there...perhaps it goes along the same lines as this post's title, 
I can't allow others to make me happy or not, I must choose to be happy and satisfied with my job.  
After all, it is MY choice to be a doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, like the post, Just wanted to let you know it is all worth it at the end. I have signed my contract about two weeks ago and boy was it a load off. I was thinking that for the last 9 years I had to work to become a full doctor. I can't believe that it took me that long. But right now I get to run the show, make critical decisions and work with people every day, It is a great job keep it up!!!
    I will give a plug for going D.O., I really thing that there is no difference, (other than cost) I have been to several interviews for jobs in the last several months and have worked with both M.D. and D.O. for the last 5 years and it makes no difference,
    good luck to you and let me know how you are doing
    later
    you cousin
    jr

    ReplyDelete