Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Texas A&M Interview Invitation


Opening up my e-mail after work today was a shock. I had been invited to interview at Texas A&M Dec. 8th.  The part that shocked me was the opening sentence, and tell me if this wouldn't throw you off a little too..."We are happy to invite you to interview for our medical school class of 2016 at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine." 2016?  I thought it may have been a mis-type but it's not. The class that begins medical school in 2012 will therefor graduate in...you got it, 2016.  So, I am all signed up and ready to go with my family to Temple Texas. We are excited for the possibility of living in Temple. It is much more green down there, is only 2 hrs from Austin, Dallas, and Houston.  So there are definitely perks to the place. I am eager to visit the campus and see how it compares to Texas Tech HSC Lubbock. Rachel and I will be praying that we can get a very good feel about the area and about the school. This could be a real possibility for me & us.  


I feel good about what's gone on in the last few weeks with being published, speaking with the Dean of Texas Tech, and getting an interview invitation from Texas A&M. Along with being excited to see the school I am also eager to meet Lila Diaz. She has been so supportive in my fight to get into medical school I would like to extend a special hand of sincere gratitude to her. I am most grateful for the kind individuals that have helped me in so many ways along this path.  When it is all said and done I will always acknowledge others' hands and incredible help. There is absolutely NO way on this earth that I could get into medical school and do well, all alone. No way on earth.


I look forward to telling you more soon.


-Michael Lon Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment