Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16th Texas Residency Match day...

Has there been a time that someone succeeds and it seems like everything inside of you jumps with joy for them?

Tonight my buddy Andy (named changed) got into his NUMBER 1 residency choice and I felt so excited for him.  I was reminded by a friend at church that it was residency match day today.  As soon as I could, I text my Andy to hear if he had any news. He told me that he would  be at Tech for another 5 years!  I just couldn't stop smiling.  All his hard work and anxious waiting had paid off TODAY!!

This is a guy that defied many odds to get into medical school AND to be accepted to the Texas Tech Orthopedic residency program. It is people like this that continue to motivate and inspire me to keep on keeping on!

Way to go Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment