Friday, March 9, 2012

Texas Tech Medical School Involvement


I was writing up something for my dad this evening about all I've done to get into Texas Tech. Aside from studying 350+ hrs. for the MCAT, writing 30+ drafts of my personal statement, and spending 30+ hrs. on my application, these are some of the other involvements I've had with the Texas Tech School of Medicine:



Contact with the Admissions Committee

Former Dean of Admissions
·         Discussed with him my decision to move to Lubbock and its impact on my application
·         He has spoken with the Admissions Committee twice about me as an applicant

Associate Dean of Admissions
·         Met with her in admissions office, on my own accord, at conclusion of interview day

Assistant Director of Admissions
·         Met with him in his office on numerous occasions to discuss updates to my application and residency status

Other Contacts of Consequence

Dean of the School of Medicine
·         Met with me for 30 minutes
·         Discussed current application including my GPA, MCAT score, and medically related involvement
·         Mentioned his preference of BYU students as out-of-state applicants and said he would review my application status personally

Texas Tech Ophthalmology Clinic
·         Met in his office. He provided insight regarding the Texas Tech interview process and character traits interviewers look for
·         Referred my name to Associate Dean of Admissions
·         Provided me with contacts for a potential job opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment