Friday, February 10, 2012

Denial from UTMB and I will attend the Re-applicant Seminar at Texas Tech

University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine at Galveston sent me an e-mail today.
Here are some excerpts:


"We received a 
record number of applications this year 
and the competitive level was such that 
many fine individuals were unable to gain admission 
(this makes me feel better).  Unfortunately, I therefore regret to inform you that 
your application is no longer under consideration. 

That's the way it goes. In December I had actually called and spoke with Theresa Silva, the same lady that sent out this e-mail, and she said I was not being considered for an interview. For this reason I knew I would be receiving this e-mail soon.

I am holding on to Texas Tech and A&M.  The only places I've interviewed, the only places I can hope for an admission to.

Things will work out. I am not worried.

Texas Tech Re-applicant Seminar


I think I'm going to go.  I mean, what do I have to lose other than showing whoever is there that I am determined to get in?  I think it might be good...or they might think I have doubts that I'll get in this year?  Who knows. I just think it would be a good step in showing them I'm not leaving and perhaps I could see Dr. Kim Peck or someone else from the application committee?  If anything I'll be getting breakfast and lunch:)

-premed2medicalschool

No comments:

Post a Comment