Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I AM A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!

 

Today I received these short and sweet sentences in my inbox:

"Dear  authors:

R. E.: Manuscript #OAC6269R3

Thank you for submitting your manuscript "Osteoarthritis-like changes in the heterozygous sedc mouse associated with the HtrA1-Ddr2-Mmp-13 degradative pathway:  A new model of osteoarthritis."

Congratulations, your manuscript is accepted for publication and is  being forwarded to the publisher. 

Stefan Lohmander
Editor in Chief
Osteoarthritis and Cartilage"

This news came very unexpected to me. It was neat because I had just recently returned home from a meeting with Dean Berk. 
I feel like the meeting went well. I have a lot of respect for him and I am glad that I was able to meet him and with him.  
Our meeting went as outlined:
"What did you study and involve yourself with in undergrad to prepare you for medical school?"
"What brings you to Lubbock?"
"Why Texas Tech?"
then I asked him a few questions,
"What is it that you look for in a potential medical student?"  (not a very good question)
"Let's say I do get in, what would be most effective with my time to prepare me for medical school?" (great question. I even got him to smile a little bit on this one at the end of his answer as he said, "be sure to spend time with your family!)

Dean Berk is a straight forward man. I feel like he got to know me and could sense my determination to get into Texas Tech. All in due time. All in due time.

-Michael Lon Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment