Friday, July 20, 2012

The Week Before Medical School


It's been at least two months since I posted last, it's time to get back at it
 So I've decided to try to keep up this blog during Medical School
I've even thought about doing video's like Jake Sully off Avatar...

The week before Medical School hasn't been exactly what I had expected.
I have four points of contact for the Medical School: 
  • Facebook COM2016 group, 
  • myHSC e-mail, 
  • yahoo list serve group, and 
  • personal gmail.  

Checking each of those to stay up to date with parking, registration, immunizations, white coat ceremony, and orientation can be rather time consuming. I have had less time with my family than I would have liked.  I was planning on spending these last few days at the pool with Rachel and Jackson, playing tennis, and reading books under the trees. Rather, time has been spent keeping up with all the before mentioned contacts in addition to unpacking and getting the house in order. While I am discussing what I've been up to; Medical School is going to be a beastToday I registered for classes, 43 credit hours…yeah. Perhaps that is over the whole school year, but still.  

On a positive note, it has been good getting everything in order before Medical School begins. Our house is looking better and better and Rachel and I have made time, over lunch or while unpacking the boxes, to discuss how we can still make time for one another during School.

My goal for keeping up with the blog is to show others, y'all, what medical school is like. I plan on telling the awesome and gruesome (without violating HIPPA).  If there are any questions you would like me to address or subject matter worth discussing, let me know. I'd be happy to share it.

-Mike


3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately spending more time with the family may not be in your immediate future. Keep your eye on the prize cuz!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought a lot about this and I think you're dead on. I'm consigning myself to the life of a hermit for the next 2 years. I will keep my eye on the prize. Thanks for the words of motivation. Seriously.

      Delete
    2. Hey!!! Don't burst my bubble! I'm still in denial. We'll have lots of time together! Ok, maybe not lots. But for sure, we know it will all be worth it, during and afterwards.

      Delete