Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Telling Texas Tech I'd been accepted to A&M

The call
So I called the admissions committee today at Texas Tech.  I told them I had been accepted to A&M and it was on the premise that I will be a resident as of July 1st. The response was congratulatory from the other end which felt pretty good. I learned that June 15th is the cut off for being accepted off another wait list. Let me explain:  Anyone on more than one wait list can be accepted by more than one school but on June 15th the Medical Schools of Texas have decided that you may only say yes to one school.  Therefor, were I not to hear from Texas Tech before June 15th, that would mean I would no longer be on their wait list and could only go to A&M.

Excitement about A&M
My wife and I have enjoyed looking at the Bryan College Station campus.  I have been looking for bike routes around that area and she found some neat apartments. I plan on connecting with some graduates from my school and asking them where most medical students live and how they like College Station. We will be taking a trip down there in the next couple of weeks and are looking forward to seeing what it is like and how it all feels. WHAT AN EXCITING TIME!!

-Future Dr. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment