Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Being a Dad

Oct. 11th 2011




Hmm…my favorite part about being a dad today. 

      Jackson had just finished his eating and was burped by Rachel.  He was beginning to fuss and I just knew that he wanted to see Dad.  I told his mother this and quickly I had Jack in my arms. He had on a camouflage onesie which made it difficult to see him on my lap but I got by. Jackson was so cute and gentle as he just stared off into space and didn't really say much. I asked him questions and if he moved his head I knew it was a yes.  Then I told him about the picnic dinner me and his mom and he had just been on. It was windy and the sun was still shining. The trees and their perma-blown branches were happy to be dancing in the last rays of the day. I enjoyed being with Jackson and Rachel tonight. Being a dad is the best thing in the whole world!

(only 5 more days until there is a possibility that I could find out from Texas Tech Health Sciences Center if I will be going to Medical School there).  I am very calm and not over anxious about Monday but I am thinking about it often.

-Michael Lon Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment